Police nab 3 robbery suspects in Lagos - Gragrah News!
Headlines News :
Home » » Police nab 3 robbery suspects in Lagos

Police nab 3 robbery suspects in Lagos

Written By Gragrah on Sunday, March 03, 2013 | 3/03/2013 09:30:00 pm


The Ilemba-Hausa police division in Lagos command, has arrested three suspected armed robbers
said to have been terrorising Ajangbadi community in Otto-Awori Local Council Development Area.

According to the police Sunday, one locally made pistol, a toy gun, an expanded cartridge, the sum of N1,3000, five blackberry phones and two laptops were recovered from the suspects.

The arrested men are Johnson Bright 27, Ezike Chigozie 20 and Ekene Bid 18, were allegedly rounded up after robbing residents of 29, Elaje streets in Ajangbadi of their belongings with a locally made short gun and a toy gun.

One of the suspects, Ezike, claimed that greed led him into the business. According to him: “Greed led me into this mess when I accepted an offer to be a member of a robbery gang and be paid N5,000 from every operation by some group of students of an unnamed university when I went to them to borrow  money to retrieve my blackberry phone from my gambler friends but instead of lending money to me, they talked me over into robbery.

According to a confessional statement made by another suspect, Ekene said things fell apart for him after the death of his parents in a car accident two years ago when he was still at the village which made him to decide to find quick means of making money.

“ I joined the robbery gang two years after the death of my parents when things became hard for me, I joined so as to keep myself from starvation.

Meantime, sources from the Ilemba Huasa police division who pleaded anonymity, told Vanguard that the suspects were however handed over to men of the Special Anti-robbery Squad for further investigations.

Share this article :
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

MOST READ FOR THE WEEK

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. Gragrah News! - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template